What’s a brand gap, you ask? The brand gap is what we call that “wandering around in the desert” kind of place…
This is where your business is stuck between a DIY brand, where you’re stuck in the weeds trying to do everything on your own, wondering if you can truly make a good living with your business…and a professional brand where your messaging is consistent, reflects who you are, and people can’t stop raving about your business!
Being stuck in the brand gap actually looks like...
- you haven’t fully invested in your business because you’re not making enough money to ditch that full-time job.
- pricing your services way too low because right now, the market is saturated, and the only thing you think you should do is underprice your competition…even if that means working way too many hours and nothing to really show for it.
- that place in your business where you’ve got your business up and running, but it doesn’t reflect who you are.
- your website doesn’t look or sound anything like your social media, and you’re not really sure how to keep them consistent.
- you have a website, but it’s just taking up space on the internet and not converting those potential customers into clients who invest.
- people think you lack experience because of your do-it-yourself branding.
- spending too much time thinking about what type of content you should create so you rely on generic templates you bought for $27.
- your brand style changes pretty much every day based on what’s trending right now, what your competitors are doing, or a template that’s on sale.
- your business doesn’t really reflect who you are so nothing you post, create, or teach is resonating with your ideal clients.
- you can’t make decisions about your brand. You could be struggling with what copy to put on your website, how to create resources your ideal clients want or need…or just figuring out how you stand out from your competitors.
Does any of that resonate with you?
If so, you’re probably stuck in the brand gap.
You decided to start a business because you were passionate about helping people. And that should be celebrated! You’re good at what you do, and let’s be honest, you wanted to pursue your passions and dreams so you could build the life you’ve always wanted…and that corporate life was not exactly what you hoped for.
So you got to work.
Because of your resourcefulness and “get more bang for your buck” mindset, you created a DIY logo or purchased templates to get yourself started. Kudos for being a go-getter. 👏
Maybe you did some research on what your competition was doing. After that, you decided to do what they do to find any kind of success.
But deep down, you want more.
Deep down, you know...
- for you and your business to stand out, you have to do things a little differently and position yourself in a unique way.
- to build a genuine connection with your target audience, you need a brand that reflects who you are and showcase that personality people love!
- in order to enroll more clients, you need to be clear and consistent with your messaging across all of your platforms and channels.
- what vision you have for the business, but it’s all in your head, and you’re not sure how to bring it to life.
- if you keep DIY-ing your brand, you’ll spend a lot more years and waste more money trying to build what you hoooope might stick.
- by investing in a brand expert, you’ll not only build a brand you love, but you’ll finally develop a brand that connects with your ideal clients.
Here at Sung & Co, we understand what it feels like to be stuck in the brand gap, and we want to help you get out of it so you can finally thrive in your business!
If you’re ready to commit to your business and invest in your brand (and yourself), click here to learn more about our services and how we can help get you out and onto the other side of the brand gap.
The other side of the brand gap is where...
- clients always ask how they can keep working with you.
- your target audience understands the value of your services.
- your brand reflects exactly who you are and therefore attracts your ideal clients.
- content creation that resonates is easy and the ideas are never-ending.
- your message is clear and people know exactly what you offer.
- your business is positioned as the go-to expert.
- marketing efforts seem so much easier.
- when your competitors look and sound the same (yawn).
- YOU get to finally stand out and position your business to thrive!